Wednesday, August 02, 2006

A "Can I Just Tell You" Moment


I'm having one. One of those, "Honey, can I just tell you what my day's been like?" (Hear that southern accent!)

So, I came home from RWA to 1100 emails. SEriously. I have spent every day since RWA just trying to get them down to nothing. This may surprise many of you--especially people who believe agents are unresponsive or whatever--but I generally try to live with my emails on zero. I don't sit with a stack of 100 unanswered ones, precisely b/c I get SO FREAKING MANY.

Anyway, ahem. Today I'm typing along and at about 11 am I was hovering at the 34 unanswered mark. Now, flash forward five hours? I'm hovering at the 34 unanswered mark, yet have SENT countless numbers of these things and answered and deleted. But for every one I send, three more come in. It's exhausting at times, like swimming against a very powerful current in the ocean, waves slamming in your face, over and over...

And for that reason, I am posting my special picture of Mel. Because it makes me smile, and feel giddy, and remember that there are other times when I'm not fighting the email waves. :)
D

6 Comments:

Blogger The Girl You Used to Know said...

oh deidre. sorry about the emails. I'll gladly take a wave of humilation over my large mouth bass picture in order to make you smile. Cuz then, it's all worth it.

Hmmm. Wonder what conversation we were having at that moment...can you remember? *snort*

2:02 PM  
Blogger Deidre Knight said...

You have a beautiful laugh, baby. And you know what? I also know you're willing to laugh at yourself. :) Hugs!

2:04 PM  
Blogger Gina Black said...

Mel is beautiful. Her laugh is beautiful. And I'm wanting to cry (isn't that awful!!) because I miss her so much already and it's probably going to be a whole nother year before I get to hear it again!

Thanks for sharing this, Deidre.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Deidre Knight said...

I so agree, Gina! I feel that way about Mel, and you, and Maria, and Louisa and all my pals that I got to hang out with for a few days. Sniff. I'm gonna get lonely here if I'm not careful...
Hugs!

4:54 PM  
Blogger Maria Geraci said...

Can I blow that pic up and frame it? Mmmm.. there must be a way. Sigh. I wish we could Mai Tai's every night!

2:41 AM  
Blogger Kristen Painter said...

Doesn't her hair look fabulous?

5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats