Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day!



To the women in my life, I hope you've had a marvelous day! And to those who are mothers, I hope you felt special, knew that those around you appreciate you, and that you celebrated! Here in Madison it was a dreamy day, with beautiful weather (for once). I'm posting a few pics.

First of all, while we're talking hunky men, isn't my soulmate a real piece o' beefcake??? And since mother's day is as much about the dads, and how they enable us to be the best possible moms, I wanted to post these few pics from our back yard party. Sigh. He's my dream boat.


















Pamela and her family came over, my mom and stepdad, and then all of the kids. There was sprinkler play, a backyard picnic, and the dreamiest weather I've experienced all spring. While I'm lionizing the people I love, here are two of the most important women in my life: my mom and my sister and fellow agent, Pamela Harty.

Of course, you may ask what these images have to do with the Parallel realm? Well nothing on the surface, apart from the fact that these are the people who inspire me and enable me to write every day. I'd post pics of my children, but I just don't think that's a good practice in cyberspace. But they are perfect and today was just as perfect as they are. :)


Hugs to all! D

3 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

What a wonderful time you had!
I envy you your great weather. We are under flood warnings here.

Thanks for posting a pic of Judson with the instrument of his new hobby. He waxed poetic about it in his post. Great to have a visual to go with it. He should use one of these pics for his new icon. He mentioned contemplating such a change awhile ago.
What do you think?

What a delightful and talented family you have. Also, I agree about kids pics. I too decline cyberspace exposure.

Thanks for sharing the highlights of your special day.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Deidre Knight said...

Michele, he definitely needs to use one of these for his new icon. I want to play with the pics and make them more close up for him. I have never used photo shop, but I'm thinking of getting it. I'm really getting into my digital camera!

Thanks for the sweet words! It was a great day. After our Easter rain out, I was afraid we'd have more of the same, but yea! Good weather! :) D

7:26 PM  
Blogger Judson Knight said...

Thanks for managing to take some pics of me that aren't horrible, Doll! I'm not commenting here on your photographic abilities, which are considerable, but rather my own lack of photogenic qualities.

And Michele, you're always the best about posting. I haven't forgotten the fact that I wanted to change that picture, which as I think I said before, makes me look old and mean--according to my dear wife. Maybe I will use one of these new pics, or else get my resident photographer to take some more and choose one I don't think is terrible.

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats