Monday, May 08, 2006

The Man Who Could be King

Men Who Could be Jared...

I mentally composed Jared off of one particular actor, who will probably shock the pants off of all of you! Now, listen to me first...Jared really does NOT exist. But I took some physical traits that I saw in a couple of actors, and then created him. So neither of the below shots should make anyone think, "Wow, is THAT Jared? But I don't like that actor!" Jared is, quite simply, Jared. But take a gander at a few shots. I might be odd, but I Thought Ken Watanabe was like the hottest thing ever in THE LAST SAMURAI. He had that military leadership thing going on, plus the exotic look. Toss in some Keanu Reeves, and well, a lot of my imagination, and you've got Jared Bennett. For your viewing pleasure I present the following...





6 Comments:

Blogger Deidre Knight said...

Now the question is: Who do *you* see as Jared?? :) Let me know and we'll post some pics! Hugs, D

9:57 AM  
Blogger Natalie J. Damschroder said...

I am unusual, it seems in that my brain (whether I'm reading or writing) refuses to cast. The hero and heroine are totally unique people in my head and I can't ever see them as anyone else, no matter who they are.

That said...yummy inspirations. :)

12:56 PM  
Blogger Deidre Knight said...

Natalie, really, I'm pretty much that way...but what happens is this--I see a movie while I'm writing a book and starting getting a vibe. For instance, the leadership/sexiness of Ken Watanabe in LAST SAMURAI really spoke to me of Jared--his isolation, his kingship, etc. Plus he was yummy. :)

Watched Russell Crowe in PROOF OF LIFE doing his soldier boy thing and thought...oooh, Jared! Or Marco or Scott! :)

When I read, it's a toss up. Sometimes I cast, sometimes I don't. It just depends! D

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting how you "cast". And that you actually have a face.
I have "cast". In fact I think that because I did, it gave me a much more easy time to see the characters and aid in my plotting.
My cast are made up of articulated dolls. They are 16" high. A lot of them are OOAK's that have been done by me. And they get dressed in different things for different scenes. This gives me a solid three dimensional "person" who is living through the novel and growing. They stand in front of me when I write. Whisper to me.
This is a relatively new concept for me. Twenty years ago I was like Natalie. I did not have a cast. Whether reading or writing, the characters where vague feelings. Strange how we develop. I used to write longhand. HOw??!!
Then move to paper and carbon. How??!!

Blogging is very addictive.

LOL
Pennyoz

10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS: I do know the difference between "where" and "were".
LOL
Penny

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally, I can't help but see Max Evans in the face of the PA cover model... but I think that is just the Roswell obsessee still hiding in me somewhere. Really, when I first picked up the book, I was shopping with my twin sister and I turned to her and said, "Does this in any way look like Jason Behr to you?"

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats